When and How Often Should I Start Getting Cardiography Exams?
Your provider will determine when and how often you should get cardiography exams depending on your cardiac history. EKG’s are done here in the office at least once yearly at your Annual Wellness Exam. Sometimes, they are done more frequently done based on the providers’ discretion.
Blood Tests/Lab Draws
We do not draw blood here in our office. However, we are located right here in Health Central Hospital and the laboratory is just down the hall from us, for your convenience. Often times, depending on your insurance carrier, there may be a specific lab you will need to go to so that you do not incur additional out of pocket expenses.
What are Arterial and Venous Dopplers?
Arterial and Venous Doppler scans of the upper and lower extremities are done using a handheld device (transducer) applied to the areas of the arms or legs where the arteries and veins are located. Sound waves are used to produce a visual image of the actual artery or vein, and to measure the blood flow in them. The scans can detect blood clots and problems with valves in the veins. The scan can also detect the severity and location of any blockages in the arteries that supply your legs or arms with blood flow. Your provider can then use this information to determine the best course of treatment, if needed.
What to Expect:
- You may be asked to put on a gown depending on the part of the body being scanned
- The diagnostic technician will apply transducer gel to the part of the body being scanned
- The images the technician is scanning will show up on a monitor screen and will take about 30 minutes to complete
- There is no special preparation needed for this test
After the Test:
- You may resume normal activities
- Your images will be read by a radiologist
- The results will be reviewed at your next office visit with your Provider
What Our Patients Have to Say
I see Pamela Lee and very pleased with her knowledge and taking the time reading my chart and going over it me. I can tell her my concerns and how my body feels. I have been referred to specialists for my needs. I can ask her questions and am satisfied with her explainations. Pamela is never rude is short. I am thankful and grateful I have such a good medical provider! Thank You for having her on your staff!
June 21, 2019
Verified Google Review