Annual Wellness Exam in Orlando
Why your annual wellness exam is so important
Your annual wellness exam is a critical part of staying healthy long-term. Even if you feel completely healthy, it’s important to see your provider at least once a year to prevent new issues from developing and uncover hidden problems that can progress silently in an otherwise great-feeling body. Prevention is the key!
What Does an Annual Wellness Exam Include?
Your annual wellness exam is an easy, painless, and non-invasive exam that checks your current health and screens for potential health issues. The annual wellness exam includes a review of your medical and family history, which gives us insight into what conditions we should be extra diligent when looking out for. Then, we’ll develop or update a list of your current providers and prescriptions to prevent drug interactions. We will take routine measurements like your height, weight and blood pressure.
Your health care provider will do a complete head-to-toe assessment including listening to your heart and lungs, checking your abdomen and neck for abnormalities, and evaluating your eyes and ears.
If your doctor sees anything that needs further testing or analysis, future appointments will be scheduled to follow up on those concerns.
Annual Wellness Visits in Orlando
Looking for an annual wellness visit near Orlando? Our office is conveniently located in nearby Ocoee, Fl., drawing patients from all around Orlando. It’s important to our patients that they have expert medical care close to home, so Horizon Primary Care provides top-level, personalized medical care to patients all over the Orlando area.
What to Expect in an Annual Wellness Visit
Our Health Care Providers From Orlando will do a complete head to toe assessment. your vital signs will be checked, heart and lungs will be listened to your abdomen and neck will be checked for abnormalities. Your eyes and ears will also be checked. Medications will be reviewed and updated.
How to Prepare for an Annual Wellness Exam
Your yearly exam is a non-invasive, painless and easy appointment that helps keep you in tip-top shape. Here are a couple things you can do to prepare for it.
Bring an updated list of medications you are currently taking with dose and frequency.
Bring a list of specialist you
see and why.
If you have any new issues, Please plan to discuss at another appointment or you may be subject to additional fees based on your insurance plan.
Medicare Wellness Exam
A Medicare wellness exam helps keep you healthy at any age. In addition to looking for signs of age-related illnesses, your Medicare wellness exam also helps you preserve your quality of life by making sure you feel your absolute best. Your Medicare wellness exam will include the following:
- An overview of your medical history
- A cognitive assessment to look for any signs of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
- A review and update of your current providers and medications
- Routine measurements such as height, weight, and blood pressure
- Personalized health advice based on your unique health, concerns, and family history
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is an annual wellness exam so important?
– Your annual checkup helps you and your doctor keep an eye on your health as it changes through the years. Even if you feel healthy, it’s important to see your doctor once a year to make sure hidden problems aren’t developing and to address them quickly if they are. Your yearly exam is a time when you and your provider review your existing health problems, determine what health issues may become a concern in the future, and make a plan for how to prevent them.
Does insurance cover an annual wellness visit?
– Yes, most medical insurance covers annual wellness exams as part of preventative care. To be sure that your insurance covers a yearly checkup and find out if you will owe a co-pay or other fee, contact your medical insurance provider.
Do you handle Medicare Annual Wellness Exams?
– Yes, our office handles many Medicare Annual Wellness exams in Orlando. We pride ourselves on helping all of our Medicare patients feel their very best at any age.
Is a Medicare Annual Wellness Exam mandatory?
– A Medicare Annual Wellness Exam is not mandatory, but it is recommended. This yearly exam is important to keep abreast of any current health issues, prevent future problems, and stay in touch with your Medicare provider.
Who can perform the Medicare annual wellness visit?
– Your annual Medicare wellness visit can be performed by any practitioner that is recognized by Medicare. That includes doctors, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, clinical nurse specialists, or a team of medical professionals who work under the direct supervision of a Medicare-recognized physician.
What Our Patients Have to Say
I had a positive experience from the moment I checked in to check out. I was 30 minutes early for my appointment. I was called back as I was filling out my paperwork. That NEVER happens.Dr. Garcia was very pleasant. I switched my primary care due to insurance change. I appreciated the great customer service. They were very efficient and every staff.member had a smile!
June 28, 2019
Verified Google Review